Penang tour operator New Asian Travel has a daily direct service from George Town in Penang to Koh Phangan. The service departs from the centre of George Town and takes passengers direct by minivan to the ferry port in Surat Thani Province. The ferry ticket to Koh Phangan is included in the ticket price.
Travel Times to Koh Phangan
There is a single daily service from Penang to Koh Phangan which you can book online.
|05:00||14:00||140 MYR||New Asian Travel|
- The departure time is in Malaysian time and the arrival time is Thailand time which is 1 hour behind Malaysian time.
- Additional 5 MYR is payable directly to the driver for insurance.
Buy Tickets to Koh Phangan
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Penang to Koh Phangan.
No paper ticket is required. Show your electronic booking voucher to the transport operator when you check in on a phone, tablet or laptop screen.
Penang Bus Stop
Minivan services to Koh Phangan depart from the New Asian Travel Office which is under the Komtar Tower in George Town, Penang Island.
Koh Phangan Ferry Pier
The arrival point in Koh Phangan is the main ferry port in Thong Sala which is on the south west corner of the island.
About Koh Phangan
Koh Phangan is the island with something for everyone which is the reason that it is such a popular destination. As well as the beach parties for which the island is famous, Koh Phangan is also well known as destination for yoga and wellness courses, it has a wide range of accommodation from luxury hotels to very cheap wooden bungalows, busy long beaches and some very quiet small beaches. The way to get the best out of a trip to Koh Phangan is choose which of the different places you can stay best suits you and what you are after from your stay in Koh Phangan. There are 34 beaches to choose from.
The most popular places to stay in Koh Phangan are:
- Haad Rin: Location of the monthly Full Moon Party. Haad Rin has a long beautiful beach and a busy town centre which is lively at night.
- Baan Tai: A long stretch of coastline on the south of the island with lots of cheap accommodation. This part of the island is near where the other smaller dance parties such as the Half Moon Festival take place. The beach here is not good for swimming.
- Thong Nai Pan: Two great swimming beaches. The smaller of the two bays has four luxury resorts. Thong Nai Pan is particularly popular with families and older visitors.
- Sri Thanu and Haad Yao: This is where most of the yoga and wellness centres are located. Haad Yao beach is very good and there are lots of mid priced restaurants and bars including a good range of vegetarian food.
- Chalokulum: Quieter area with a small town centre and some good swimming beaches.
- Haad Salad: This part of Koh Phangan has several mid-priced resorts which are very popular with families on holiday from Europe.
- Bottle Beach: Fantastic beach with some small low and mid priced bungalow resorts. The beach is difficult to get to which means it has that island paradise feel with few day trippers coming here. There is very little nightlife here except the entertainment you make yourself which means it is good for couples and families.