There are five direct ferry and speed boat services a day from Langkawi to Koh Lipe operated by three different companies which you can book online.
Ferry Times to Koh Lipe
Travelling direct from Langkawi to Koh Lipe the journey takes between 30 and 60 minutes depending upon which service you use.
|09:45||09:45||124.83 MYR||Jolly Travel|
|14:30||14:00||149.79 MYR||Tigerline Travel|
|14:30||14:00||124.83 MYR||Jolly Travel|
- Departure times are in Malaysian time.
- Arrival times are in Thailand time which is 1 hour behind Malaysian time.
Buy Tickets to Koh Lipe
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Langkawi to Koh Lipe.
About travel to Koh Lipe & Hat Yai
The journey to Koh Lipe takes 30 minutes on the S.P.S.B.C speedboat service and an hour on the speedboat and ferry services operated by Jolly Travel and Tigerline Travel. The S.P.S.B.C speedboat service departs from Telaga Harbour Marina in Langkawi. The Jolly Travel and Tigerline Travel depart from Kuah Jetty.
Other than travelling back to Langkawi, there are four onward destinations you can travel to direct from Koh Lipe:
- Hat Yai: The journey from Koh Lipe to Hat Yai takes between 4.5 and 5 hours and involves first taking a ferry or speedboat for a sea-crossing to Pakbara Pier. The sea crossing takes between 1 hour 15 minutes and 2 hour depending upon which service you. From Pakbara Pier its 121 km to the city of Hat Yai city. Hat Yai city is where you you should go to from Koh Lipe if your plan is to to catch train north toward Surat Thani or Bangkok.
- Krabi: There are two routes from Koh Lipe to Krabi. You can take the Tigerline Travel passenger ferry service to Hat Yao Pier and then a connecting bus or minivan service to Krabi. Alternatively, you can take the Jolly Travel speedboat which to Pakbara Pier and then travel by minivan to Krabi. The route via Hat Yao Pier is quickly and involves a shorter journey by road. Krabi is best place to travel to is you plan to take a bus to the ferry ports to Koh Phangan and Koh Samui.
- Koh Phi Phi: The journey by sea from Koh Lipe to Koh Phi Phi takes over 4 hours. You can either travel by speedboat calling in at a number of islands on the way or take a passenger ferry to Koh Lanta and then another passenger ferry from there to Koh Phi Phi. Koh Phi Phi is popular island destination from which you can take a day trip to Maya beach on the smaller island of Koh Phi Phi le which was made famous by the film ‘The Beach’ which was in part filmed there.
- Phuket: There are 6 ferry services a day from Koh Lipe to Phuket, all departing at 09:00. Alternatively, you can do the journey about 1,000 THB cheaper by travelling to Krabi town and taking a bus to Phuket from there. Phuket is a large and varied island, which something for everyone. Phuket is probably the most developed part of Thailand in terms of tourism, particularly, high-end tourism, and for this reason this is not a cheap place to stay although you can find cheaper accommodation and restaurants in Phuket Town and some of the less popular coastal areas.
The Tigerline Travel and Jolly Travel services depart from Kuah Jetty.
Telaga Harbour Marina
S.P.S.B.C services depart from Telaga Harbour Marina.
Arrival in Lipe
All services terminate at Koh Lipe Pier.