There are two ways to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Taman Negara:
- Joint bus and ferry service direct to Taman Negara.
- Bus to Jerantut and then a local bus or ferry to Taman Negara.
Bus Times from Kuala Lumpur to Taman Negara
By joint bus and ferry service it takes 9 hours to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Tahan in the Taman Negara National Park.
|Kuala Lumpur||Taman Negara||Cost||Company|
|08:30||17:30||95.00 MYR||NKS Travel|
- Check ticket availability for direct services from Kuala Lumpur to Taman Negara.
Bus Times from Kuala Lumpur to Jerantut
The journey by bus from Kuala Lumpur to Jerantut is scheduled to take 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Check ticket availability for direct services from Kuala Lumpur to Jerantut.
Buy Tickets from Kuala Lumpur to Taman Negara
Use the Search Form below to buy your tickets from Kuala Lumpur to Taman Negara National Park.
Instant ticket confirmation is available for all services from Kuala Lumpur to Taman Negara National Park.
Kuala Lumpur NKS Bus Stop
NKS bus services to Taman Negara depart from the Hotel Mandarin Pacific in Kuala Lumpur.
Kuala Lumpur Transnasional Bus Stop
Transnasional bus services to Taman Negara depart from the Terminal Bersepadu Selatan in Kuala Lumpur.
NKS Arrival Point
NKS services from Kuala Lumpur terminate at the Wan Floating Restaurant in Kuala Tahan.
Transnasional Arrival Point
Transnasional services from Kuala Lumpur terminate at Jerantut Bus Station.
About Travel to Taman Negara National Park
The Taman Negara National Park is a nature reserve spanning three states and covering a total area of 4,343 square kilometres. The rain forest in the park is believed to be over 130 million years and home to tens of thousands of species of plants, insect, fish, birds and mammals including elephants and the rare Malayan tiger. There plenty of activities to do within the park. Near the park headquarters across the river from Kuala Tahan is the world’s longest canopy walkway, a large cave system and the Lata Berkoh rapids. Visitors can day trips to the parks or much longer treks including the 6 day trek to the summit of Gunung Tahan, which involves carrying all your own food and water for the duration of the trip through the jungle before ascending the mountain. Boats trips through the rapids are also a popular option.
The main access point to the Taman Negara National Park is Kuala Tahan. There are two ways to get to Kuala Tahan from Jerantut by public transport:
- Ferry: From Jerantut you need to take a taxi 18 km to Kuala Tembeling. Ferries from Kuala Tembeling to Kuala Tembling depart at 09:00 and 14:00 and take 2 hours 30 minutes to reach Kuala Tahan.
- Bus: The journey by bus from Jerantut to Kuala Tahan is scheduled to take 1 hour 30 minutes. Bus services to Kuala Tahan depart from Jerantut at 08:00 and 13:00.
Entrance fees to park and the various attractions are also very cheap, although excursions with guides and the hotels in the park are relatively expensive in comparison:
- Park Entrance Fee: 1 MYR per person for the whole stay.
- Camera Permit: 5 MYR per person.
- Canopy Walk Entrance: 5 MYR per person.
- Fishing Permit: 10 MYR per person.