You can avoid Kuala Lumpur entirely by taking a direct bus from Genting Highlands to Ipoh. This is a faster option than taking a bus to Kuala Lumpur and then waiting for another bus or train to take you to Ipoh.
Travel Times to Ipoh
There is a single bus service a day from Genting Highlands to Ipoh which are available to book online.
|16:30||20:00||39.00 MYR||VIP 24||StarMart Express|
- StarMart Express bus services are scheduled to complete the journey from Genting Highlands to Ipoh in 3 hours 30 minutes.
Buy Tickets to Ipoh
Use the Search Box below to buy your bus tickets from Genting Highlands to Ipoh.
Genting Highlands Bus Station
StarMart Express services to Ipoh depart from the First World Hotel bus stop in Genting Highlands.
Ipoh Bus Station
StarMart Express bus services from Genting Highlands terminate at AmanJaya Bus Station.
Things to do in Ipoh
Ipoh is a lively and interesting city which has retained many historic buildings and a laid back atmosphere. At a time following independence when cities such as Kuala Lumpur where booming, Ipoh was slipping into economic decline due to the downturn in the tin mining industry upon which Ipoh has flourished during the 19th Century. Ipoh doesn’t have major shopping centres and high rise apartment buildings but what it does have is a great Old Town with lots of buildings dating from the late 19th Century and early 20th Century. To explore the Old Town we recommend that you follow the Heritage Trail which is a walking route around 27 of the most interesting buildings and streets in the city. The Heritage Trail also passes by Ipoh’s great wall murals which celebrate the town’s history and culture.
There are also some very interesting attractions in the countryside around Ipoh which are within easy travelling distance from the city centre which include:
- Gua Tambun Cave Paintings: 3,000 year old wall paintings of people, animals, fish and trees.
- Sam Poh Tong Temple: Cave temple established by a Chinese monk in 1890.
- Gua Tempurung: 3 km long cave with walkways and lighting.
- Kellie’s Castle: Grand house built during the colonial era by a Scottish farmer which, according to legend, is haunted.