There are two ways to travel from Pasir Gudang to Kota Bharu:
- 1. You can travel by train from Johor Bharu to Kota Bharu via the nearby railway in Wakaf Bharu.
- 2. You can take a direct bus from Pasir Gudang to Kota Bharu.
Of the two options travelling by bus is quicker, although 2nd Class seats on the train are cheaper than the bus ticket.
Travel Times to Kota Bharu
There are 4 direct bus services a day from Pasir Gudang to Kota Bharu which are available to book online.
|Pasir Gudang||Kota Bharu||Cost||Company||Service|
|10:00||18:15||71.79 MYR||Transnasional||Business 30|
- The journey by bus from Pasir Gudang to Kota Bharu takes 8 to 12 hours depending uon which bus service you take.
- VIP buses are larger than Business 30 buses and have more comfortable reclining seating making them a better option for overnight travel. Business 30 buses, however, are scheduled to complete the journey from Pasir Gudang to Kota Bharu a lot more quickly.
Buy Tickets to the Kota Bharu
Use the Search Box below to buy your bus tickets from Pasir Gudang to Kota Bharu.
Pasir Gudang Bus Station
Bus services to Kota Bharu departs from the Terminal Bas Pasir Gudang.
Kota Bharu Bus Station
Bus services from Paisr Gudang terminate at the Stesen Bas Kota Bharu on Jalan Pendek.
Travel to Hat Yai
There are two stages to the journey from Kota Bharu to Hat Yai:
- The first stage of the journey from Kota Bharu to Hat Yai is travel from Kota Bharu to the border with Malaysia at Rantau Panjang. There are two ways to get from Kota Bharu to Rantau Panjang :
- Taxi: A taxi from Kota Bharu to Rantau Panjang currently costs around 60 MYR, although this price is not fixed needs to be agreed in advance the driver. The journey by taxi takes 40 to 50 minutes.
- Public Bus: Public bus services to Rantau Panjang depart from the city centre Stesen Bas Kota Bharu. The journey by bus takes around 80 minutes and costs 5.10 MYR. Bus every 3o minutes during the day.
- The second stage of the trip is to travel from the Thailand side of border, which is near Sungai Kolok, to Hat Yai. There are two forms of public transport you can select for this journey:
- Train: Sungai Kolok Railway Station is 1.4 km away from the border. Trains from Sungai Kolok to Hat Yai depart at 06:30, 09:00, 11:30, 12:25, 14:20, and 14:55.
- Bus: Sungai Kolok Bus Station is 3.3 km away from the border. Minivan services from Sungai Kolok to Hat Yai depart from Sungai Kolok Bus Station every hour from 06:00 to 16:00. The journey by minivan takes 4 hours and costs around 200 THB per person.