There are three ways to travel from Johor Bahru to Ipoh: 1. Take a train to Gemas and then a second train to Ipoh. 2. Take a direct bus from Johor Bharu to Ipoh. 3. Fly from Johor Bahru to Ipoh. The cheapest option is to take a direct bus.
Travel Times from Johor Bahru to Ipoh
There are six bus services a day from Johor Bahru to Ipoh which are available to book online.
|10:00||17:25||76.58 MYR||SS International Express|
|10:00||17:25||84.17 MYR||Sri Maju Group|
|21:30||04:55||76.58 MYR||SS International Express|
|22:00||05:25||84.17 MYR||Sri Maju Group|
|22:00||05:25||67.32 MYR||StarMart Express|
|23:00||06:25||67.32 MYR||StarMart Express|
- The scheduled journey time from Johor Bahru to Ipoh is 7 hours 25 minutes.
- StarMart Express and Sri Maju Group passengers from Johor Bahru to Ipoh travel on VIP 24 bus services.
- SS International Express passengers from Johor Bahru to Ipoh travel on Express bus services.
Buy Bus Tickets from Johor Bahru to Ipoh
Use the Search Form below to buy your bus tickets from Johor Bahru to Ipoh.
Johor Bahru Bus Station
Bus services from Johor Bahru to Ipoh depart from Larkin Bus Terminal on Jalan Garuda.
Ipoh Bus Station
Bus services from Johor Bahru terminate at Amanjaya Bus Terminal in Ipoh.
Things to do in Ipoh
The activities in Ipoh fall into two categories: things to do and see in the town itself, and places to visit out of town. The attractions in the town are clustered around Ipoh’s Old Town area and a convenient way to see them is to follow the Heritage Trail which takes visitors around Ipoh’s many historic building dating back to the time Ipoh was a thriving mining town and a British colony. The Old Town area also has an exciting set of street art murals, the best of which were created by well known street artist Ernest Zacharevic.
For those visitors prepared to travel outside of the town centre then Ipoh has a range of other equally interesting attractions including:
- Gua Tambun Cave Paintings: 3,000 year old human drawings in and around a cave.
- Sam Poh Tong Temple: Cave Temple established by a Buddhist monk from China in 1890.
- Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple: Cave Temple within a 12 acre site located within an area of limestone outcrops.
- Kellie’s Castle: Deserted mansion built by a Scottish plantation owner which is believed to be haunted.
- Gaharu Tea Valley Gopeng: Tea plantation in the hills which provides guided tours to visitors.